Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Jean Plaidy's Katharine of Aragon, Three Kings Named Edward, and My Mustard Chorus Line

I've been reading Jean Plaidy's Katharine of Aragon, which is a reissue in one volume of three books originally published in the 1960's. So far, I'm rather enjoying it. Plaidy's style can get rather repetitive, but in this particular case, with so many characters to keep track of, this can be a blessing. Plaidy also describes the events from the perspective of a number of different characters, not just Katharine, so the pace of the book, though leisurely, doesn't feel slow. I may try her reissued book on Charles II next, and there's also a book (not by Plaidy) called Marrying Mozart that's waiting patiently on the library hold shelf for me.

By the way, if you enjoy discussing Edward I, Edward II, and Edward III, along with the important events and people of their reigns, there's a new Yahoo group just for you! Check it out under The First Three Edwards link to your right.

Last night my daughter saw fit to Make a Statement About My Housekeeping by arranging all of our waiting-to-be-recycled mustard containers in a neat little row in the pantry. Having no shame (hey, Martha Stewart's served time! I haven't), I've taken a picture of the result:



If I don't post again soon, it'll be because the folks from House Beautiful are just taking too much of my time.