Monday, May 22, 2006

Headless Woman Cover? No, It's a Faceless Author Picture


For those who have asked, here's a rearview picture of me in my dress, wimple, and hat (I'm ever so bashful). I think I'm going to replace the wimple with just a veil, since either covers my hair quite adequately and the veil is somewhat more flattering.

I know the lacing is crooked, but it takes a while to break in a good lady's maid. Maybe if Hubby keeps watching the scene from Gone With the Wind where Mammy laces up Scarlett O'Hara, he'll get better at it.

3 comments:

Carla said...

Yes, it does look as if your lady's maid could do with some more practice :-) I'm no expert on 14th-century fashions, but whenever I've seen medieval costumes a veil looks more flattering than a wimple.

Gabriele Campbell said...

Hehe, maybe you should settle for a black leather corsage for him to train. :)

Susan Higginbotham said...

Hhm, Hubby could have a lot of fun practicing if we really worked at it!