Saturday, January 27, 2007

What's Up with Henry Tilney?

If you scroll down a little on the sidebar, you'll note that I have a poll for your favorite Jane Austen hero.

Strangely, Henry Tilney is winning by a landslide. I find this a little suspect, frankly, given the strength of the competition, particularly Mr. Knightley ("If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more") and Captain Wentworth ("I must learn to brook being happier than I deserve"). Not to mention Mr. Darcy, whose cinematic bare-chest scene brought so many women so much joy. So if you haven't voted already, please make your voice heard!

6 comments:

Carla said...

I'd missed the poll, so the Henry Tilney fans aren't me.
It does seem an odd result, doesn't it? 'Vote early, vote often' comes to mind.

Kathryn Warner said...

I voted for Mr Knightley. The 70% for Henry Tilney does seem very odd...I suspect tactical voting! But I'm sure my beloved Mr Knightley will attract a late surge of votes and win the poll eventually...

elena maria vidal said...

I voted for Mr Darcy, although Mr Knightley was a close second.

Kit moss said...

I voted for Emma's main squeeze.

Hmmmm... do you think Catherine Morland reads this blog?

Nan
http://blueladytavern.blogspot.com

Susan Higginbotham said...

I wonder what would have happened if I'd listed them in a different order? Anyway, ladies, thanks for supporting Mr. Darcy and Mr. Knightley!

Margaret Porter said...

What's up with that? Henry's all right, but not my cup of tea.

Major looks, major income stream, major mansion--Darcy all the way. Lady Catherine de Burgh is a mitigating factor, but he doesn't like her either.