Sunday, April 19, 2009

I'm B-A-A-C-K!

I spent seven very nice days in Paris. This was my first visit there, and I hope it won't be my last.

Since my family and I were first-time visitors, we spent most of the time doing the usual tourist activities--the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, Montmartre, Versailles. We also made it to the Museum of the Middle Ages (the Cluny), where I especially enjoyed getting to see what a portable altar looked like (very small and, thus, very portable), to Père-Lachaise cemetery, the Concierge, and to the Cathedral of Saint-Denis (burial place of most French kings, including Philip the Fair). I'll be posting some more pictures later, but here's a few odds and ends. First, our family, being people of taste and discernment, couldn't resist this souvenir:



I thought the Ricardians who read this blog would like this tough-looking fellow at the Louvre:



I was quite taken with this advertisement featuring a bespectacled bunny:



Paul Delaroche's painting of the Princes in the Tower:


Ouch!

6 comments:

♔ jessica.marie said...

I love that picture... it's soooo random, like really? this is in a museum? lol

Don't you love how nice and creative their homeless people are? We saw one guy playing songs on a little tykes piano :D

Alaine said...

Love the photos. Sounds like you had a great time!

Kathryn Warner said...

Great to see you back, and looking forward to seeing more pics!

Susan A said...

I will be looking forward to more pictures. I am glad you had a good time.

Jules Frusher said...

Glad you had a good time in Paris. I live closer than you and I've never been! Sounds like a week wasn't long enough though!

But... good to see you back safe and sound!

Carla said...

Welcome back, and glad to hear you had a good time!